Net traffic jams?

Hi friends.

Google's mail service (Gmail) does a very good job of blocking spam in my experience with it; only once in a week, or perhaps even less often, does a spam email get through. It blocks all of those nasty ones that have pharmaceuticals being huckstered in embedded images, mentioned by others on the list. The risk with Gmail, of course, is that all of your correspondence sits on their servers, and just how secure is that?

And yes, I have noticed a significant general slowdown in my use of the net (through a dedicated DSL line).

Cheers to all in this degenerate age,

Fred Weiner