XyWrite Mailing List - Warning

Dear Mr. Krok:

As several subscribers have pointed out to you, your
posts to the XyWrite list in recent days have contained
code associated with the so-called VBS Kak worm, a
destructive computer virus. As list manager, and in
fairness to other subscribers, I must ask you to stop
sending messages to the list until this virus has been
purged from your computer.

At a minimum, you must disable the HTML feature on your
mail program: the virus-laden Visual Basic code is
embedded in the HTML portion of your messages.
(Moreover, confining posts to plain text, without
attachments, is a basic tenet of mailing-list etiquette.)

I hope that I can count on your voluntary compliance with
this request. If, however, you continue to send infected
messages, I will have no choice but to suspend your
subscription and block any further posts from you to the
list until I am satisfied that the virus has been
quashed.

Please be assured that this is not in any sense a
personal attack. The same applies to anyone who posts an
infected message, however inadvertently.

I trust that you will be able to resolve the problem
quickly, so that we can continue to benefit from your
contributions to the list.

Best regards.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx