Re: mystery .sav files

Robert wrote:
Solution:
X739X#.SAV files are written to Editor's directory. So, in STARTUP.INT, toward
the top (i.e. before any possibility that a U2 routine in STARTUP itself might
need to CACHE data to disk), insert a line like this:

BX dos/nv/x/z /c del d:\Editor's_dir\X739X*.SAV Q2 ;*;

That will delete all abandoned X739X#.SAV files that have accumulated from
previous session(s).
Ahhhhh. Thanks so much. I would have bet a lot that the files were due to
some error in one of my programs. Or a "feature" (vs. a bug) that I had
included and forgotten. But I couldn't find any reference to  or X739
in any of my code.
I rejoice in being able to get rid of so much clutter. Just deleted
them--all 492 of them!
BTW, rather than make STARTUP.INT shell to DOS twice, is there a way to
"chain" two DOS commands? I already have:

dos/nv/x/z /c del c:\xy\xytmp\*.TMP

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx