Re: Need advice re a new laser printer

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> My most modern HP printer is an 1100A (not that new, circa 2000 maybe). Works
> fine with DOS and XyWrite. PCL 5e.

Yup. The admittedly minimal paperwork that came with my LJ1300 has the
following listed under "printer languages": "hp PCL 5e, hp PCL 6 and hp
printer language (emulates Adobe PostScript Level 2."

Fred's point about the possible (likely?) modification of PCL by
manufacturers other than HP is probably the key to differing results.
Notice that in the above blurb, it's not "PCL" but "hp PCL." Hmmm.

Carlo Caballero
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx