Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

You have to remember that MS Wurrgh was originally designed for basic menu operation by secretarial temp pools, whose grasp of the program would often be rudimentary.  They had to be able to simply find their way without a whole lot in the way of a learning curve.

   Jordan

From: Flash
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

I too am not nostalgic about Xy. I use it because I simply cannot find the functions I need in MS-Word’s jungle of, to me, superfluous features (insert clip art, for example) and ridiculously distracting / disorienting GUI.

I don’t need Xy to provide WYSIWYG functionality. If it could be added without sacrificing the speed and simplicity of the Xy3 UI, fine. Otherwise, I will continue importing Xy3 files into PageMaker and doing my layout functions there. This has worked well for me. I suppose someday my last 32-bit hardware will fail and my PMv6.52 will no longer install on 64-bit hardware. I ‘ll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Sent from Flash's iPad