Re: Installation steps for VirtualBox W2K

On 12/16/2014 10:44 PM, Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from William TeBrake Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:07:42 -0500
Since you are the expert on Win 2K virtualization, perhaps you could remind me of the latest version of Dropbox to work in such a setup and suggest a source for it.
Kari's indeed the expert, but I recently went around this block. I believe the latest Dropbox that works with W2K is v2.10.29, which you can download here: https://d1ilhw0800yew8.cloudfront.net/client/Dropbox%202.10.29.exe
Thank you, Carl and Kari, for the quick responses. I now have Dropbox running on Windows 2000 Pro running inside of VMWare on my new Lenovo Laptop running Windows 8.1. I don't use XyWrite -- I've been using NotaBene since version 2 -- but I've been following and occasionally contributing to the discussions on this list for nearly 15 years. I've learned a great deal as a result. In any case, I now can run some of my older software, including my favorite homebrewing software on my new 64 bit machine. Best regards, Bill --- William TeBrake UMaine History Emeritus