Re: Win2K Idiosyncrasy

Nicholas Browse wrote:

> I get the same ticking sound under Windows 2000, coming from the
> loudspeakers I have connected. Have never been able to correlate it to
> anything, but it seems to occur during activity of my media player (Real
> and Windows Media). It's a curiosity but has never been a problem.

Probably not the same thing, but I've heard a sound -- very staccato, though it
goes on and on -- while a relative is working on a long-ish document in Xy-3+ under
W2K on his computer. It almost seems like a machine-gunned Error Beep, as he moves
the cursor all around, reformats, or does various edits. But it is hard to tell
for sure, so bad are the built-in speakers on his flat panel monitor. I will have
to try to replicate this myself at home . . . although I definitely don't have
similar hardware. I don't think I've ever heard this on my system, but I spend
very little time in W2K, and seldom run Xy there, much less Xy-3.

Jordan