Re: info.please & thanks

I'll take a crack at these questions, but I would hope others
would add their experiences as well:

 1) does XYwrite for Windows have XPL...? Yes.
 2) is the keyboard fully programmable..? Yes but. See below.
 3) do NB files convert without hazard..? For the most part.
See below.

2. The keyboard is fully programmable, but Windows makes
programming some of the keys a little more difficult. The F1
Key, for instance, is intercepted for help, and as a general
matter the ALT keys are interepreted as the first of a 2-key
sequence for accessing menu shortcuts. Having said that, many
users have found ways around those limitations and I am sure
others here can help you accomplish the customization of you
keyboard. In fact, I have seen some recent messages on
precisely tha topic.

3. Conversion of NB files may not be quite as routine depending
on your version of NB. For instance, later versions of NB
handles fonts very differently, and of course Lingua language
markers have no counterparts at all. For the most part I
believe the balance of the other commands will convert without
incident, and I am confident there would be a relatively easy
workaround for those things that don't. I will attempt to get
additional info on this for you.

K.

My thanks in advance