Re: Unusual Plan for XyWWWeb.U2 v119 + NBWin Beta v8.0s

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Fri, 25
Nov 2005 19:59:59 -0500

> I looked at my manuals, and though I
> found nothing PRINTED I did find that I had prudently written in a
> serial no. and date of receipt on the inside cover.

It's a sheer accident that you found it written on the inside cover -- a
coincidence that that's where the stub you recklessly tore out was *bound in*
to the book!

> PS I thought I did see some notice of downloading the v. 8 Beta, but
> perhaps that was just for registered users.

It *says* "Get the beta..." or words to that effect; but it's just an order
form. If you pay the ransom, X days later you get a polite reply Email
containing a URL to DL the file (X=1 to 3). Paying by phone on condition that
they immediately cough up the file would probably be effective.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx