Re: Tyson's book

Brucefelk@xxxxxx wrote:

> If any of you is in touch with Tyson, here is something worth pursuing.
> Backinprint.com offers a great service for authors to whom rights have
> reverted (or who owned them all along), who want to reprint a long-dead title.
>
> I got in it through the Authors Guild, and republished my first book.
> Royalties dwarf conventional first-publication deals, prices are low, and all
> titles are automatically listed on Amazon.com. I know a couple of success
> stories. For initial inquiry, see www.backinprint.com.

Interesting. But, perhaps like some of you, I have in the past written some
things that were done as "works for hire," in which case the rights belong to the
publisher. It is generally preferable not to do that, if one has a choice.

Tyson has written other books on computer topics -- databases, etc. The one
common element is that he has a real gift for explaining things. I would
definitely pay for a copy of his cancelled book on Signature.

Jordan