Re: Mac and Xy

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Harry Binswanger mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm particularly interested in being able to make quick and easy "snapshots" of my Windows system, so that I can roll back or restore easily. Isn't VM Fusion better for that?

Harry,

VMware Fusion allows you to make snapshots of your virtual machine (Windows XP in my case). From their help screen:

Snapshots
You might take a snapshot any time you are about to take an action in your virtual machine and you are unsure of the consequences. For example, you might take a snapshot before you make a change to your virtual machine's system software (such as an operating system upgrade or a major configuration change). If something doesn't work as expected after the change, you can restore the snapshot to return the virtual machine to its pre-change state.
You might also take a snapshot before going onto the Internet, or logging onto an unknown network. If you pick up a software virus or some form of spyware, you can restore the snapshot to return the virtual machine to its previous uninfected state.

AutoProtect
VMware Fusion has the ability to take snapshots of the state of your virtual machine automatically at intervals, with the AutoProtect function. This is in addition to manual snapshots, which you can take at any time.

Helpful?

FW.