Re: Xy4 Instability

Here's another bug -- the inappropriate page endings that
sometimes appear, both in draft view and graphics view --- so it
shows pages only a few lines or so long -- usually a regular
page, then a short page next, etc. Always requires a shutdown to
fix it.
Something else I shoud mention with the TSR problem -- often the
screen gets crazy after I use my Websters -- the menu line
appearing uncalled, dialogue boxes appearing one after another,
requiring many escapes to make go away.
you can't shell to dos, or the keyboard totally locks up, but it
always did that in
XY3 too.
  One of the biggest problems these days with XY is it's
inability to deal with long names and interenet files (unix files
actually) that appear on the screen without any formatting ---
emacs, or OS/2's editor.exe handle them properly, why can't XY.
The long file names just can't be called at all, of course. It
makes XY seem like something out of the distant past.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.