Re: File associations for Xy

Harry Binswanger wrote:

I wish. There isn't any ASSOC.EXE or FTYPE.EXE on my system. I have used
the Folder Options method, but the "Advanced" button doesn't work
(probably due to lack of one or both of these .EXEs).

I suspect (working from the 98 SE box right now) that there isn't one
anywhere. Because when I open a kmd prompt and type assoc /?, I get a whole slew of options. In short, assoc appears to be an INTERNAL command of cmd.exe. Just as there is no dir.exe on any Windows--or DOS, for that matter--machine, because DIR is an internal command of command.com and cmd.exe.
So try that: open and cmd prompt and type assoc /? What happens?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx