Re: What can and cannot be written.

 Maybe it would be apt in any age. ;-) Remember that Socrates and
 Christ wrote nothing, and when it was brought to Plato's attention that
 one of his students had been teaching his beliefs in Syracuse, Plato
 wrote back to his interlocutor--I believe it was the tyrant Dion--that
 that was strange, since he had written nothing on the subject. And, of
 course, there is the modern scholar, Pierre Hadot, who argues that
 philosophy is a "way of life [and of living, according to the Taoist],"
 and "not of writing" or "of thinking."

 Of course, this is all out of phase with our modern world.

 M.W. Poirier

-----