Re: Foreign characters in English text

> Jon Inggs:
> Which version of Windows has the US-International keyboard? I can't
> find it in Win95 OSR2.
>
> TIA,
> Tim Baehr
> tbaehr@xxxxxxxx

Tim

The version we use is the ordinary Win95 but I am not going in to
work again until Wednesday because tomorrow is a public holiday
out here and I have made a very long weekend of it.

I have just looked at my wife's Win98 keyboard setup and
discovered that the sequence I described previously is slightly
different - I am still using Win3.1 here at home because I use
XyWrite for 90% of what I do.

However, you still need to change the KEYBOARD LAYOUT to
US-International - not the keyboard itself.

The Win98 sequence is CONTROL PANEL, KEYBOARD, PROPERTIES, LANGUAGE,
PROPERTIES, KEYBOARD LAYOUT, US-INTERNATIONAL - only Bill could bury
something that simple so deep down.

The final keyboard settings read:

Language: English (US) [or English (South African) for that matter]
Layout: US-International

The CTRL accent keys will then produce the goods on the next
letter typed if it takes one.

If you can't find it, it might have something to do with
our non-US, international installation of Win95/98 because I had to
insert the Win98 CD for the US-International driver to be installed.

Regards
Jon Inggs

Try the Economic History Society of Southern Africa
WWW site at: http://home.intekom.com/joni/ehsoc.htm

Jon Inggs        e-Mail: inggsej@xxxxxxxx
Economics Department
Unisa