changing codes in WP

There was a discussion recently about the WordPerfect conversion filter for XY3 and XY4 which I
found translated footnotes effectively, but which, as Patricia pointed out, does not translate
italics.

Following David Macinder's link to ElectronicEditors I have found a set of WP macros, including one
that claims to swap codes. Unfortunately it will not work with the version of WP that I have (6.1)
and I wonder if anybody has time to test it out with WP8 or WP9 to see if it will convert underline
into italic. If so, this, combined with the WP conversion filter might prove an effective tool.
If anybody can help. please let me know and I will send the macro privately.

Thanks

Paul Breeze