Re: XML/SGML

TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Bill Troop; "putting repetitive text into styles -- was
> that ever
> considered entirely legit?"
>
> Oh, yes. And I *think* the menus reflect it. Actually, there's more you can do. finish up the style statement with a semicolon and you can add not only text but also formatting commands. These can include counters, stuff like NB2 (don't let 2 lines break at the bottom of the page -- handy for major headings and the like) and so on. Format after the semicolon should be in regular format mode--in other words, without the equal sign.

Ah! At least one Wise Person is on duty today. Tried it. It does work.
You can't, apparently have a hard return within the style though.

This will work:

≪SSSIG,MD=NM; Good morning, and if I don't see you again today, Good
afternoon, and Goodnight, Truman Burbank≫

This won't:

≪SSSIG,MD=NM; Good morning, and if I don't see you again today, Good
afternoon, and Goodnight,Truman Burbank≫

But this will:

≪SSIG,MD=NM; Good morning, etc.,

--
Leslie Bialler