Win 10 and Virtual XP

I am presently running XyWrite 4.13 (the windows version) under XP in
Virtual Box and Microsoft's virtual XP. Everything works except
directorys of the Win7/10 files (both 64 bit systems). Have F:
formatted as FAT and that works fine, so I am happy as a clam. No major
problems. Just set the environment variable "path" to include the "XW"
subdirectory. Even the dictionary works.
I can't find a more modern word processor that does document assembly as
well as (simply) XyWrite. In the law office we do a LOT of more or less
redundant documents. I use footers on everything to locate, id and date
files.

Dave