RE: massive search and replace failures

Sorry for the misfire, a slip of the fingers. I'll try again

> A couple of specific examples would help: Your exact
> CHAnge command, the text the should have been changed,
> but wasn't, etc. And when you say "massive", how big are
> these files?
****
I was hoping for an easy answer that wouldn't require going into detail
(David probably has that solution).

The command:
≪LBloop≫BX sea |[CDATA[|Q2 ≪IF≪ER≫≫≪EX≫≪EI≫DF
BX sea |]]|Q2 DF BX (cha/s |é|é|)BX .... etc etc ....
(accented character looks different in DOS of course)
......XD ≪GLloop≫

Snippet of typical text before conversion:

08
02

The Times Literary Supplement

Occasional result:

That is, the second character was converted but the first wasn't. I would
understand better if it were the other way around.

File size is typically between 2 and 3 MB.

Thanks all.

--Chuck Creesy
Princeton University Press