Re: XY in OS/2

I recall that when XyGnature was released, the installation program
created subdirectories called SIG1D (or something like that). The idea
was that versions for Windows and for OS/2 were to be forthcoming.

I have an even hazier recollection of that OS/2 specific version of
XyWrite coming out several years earlier on a proprietary basis (as
mentioned by Dale.) It may have been a text-mode only version, built to
use the native OS/2 text mode rather than the DOS box of OS/2.  The old
DOS mode in OS/2 prior to Version 2.0 was really limited.

As one of the remaining die-hard users of OS/2 - eComStation, it would
be nice if I had a graphics-based native mode XyWrite. XyWin isn't all
the stable under WinOS/2, and version of Nota Bene later than 5.5 will
not run under OS/2 period.

Steve Crutchfield

Deputy Director for Policy and Communications
Food Economics Division
USDA Economic Research Service
202-694-5406 (Office)
202-641-5978 (Cell)
scrutch@xxxxxxxx

VISIT THE ERS WEBSITE:
http://www.ers.usda.gov

--- Dale Schultz  wrote:

> > I believe that a proprietary OS/2 build was
> developed for, if I recall
> > correctly, the Chicago Tribune?
> >
> Yes, they were the only customer.
>
> Dale
> XyQuest 1994-1997

Interesting. Has anyone on the List seen or used this
? (I would definitely be curious to check it out.)
That is . . . hoping it turned out better than XyWin.

Jordan