Re: Email and Xy

I find Outlook bloated and clunky. I vastly prefer the complete
integration of all Internet activities in Netscape 4+. I use
Quickview Plus to quickly paste material from XY files into email
messages. This will probably work with the "lite" Quickview that
comes as part of Windows, but I have never used the latter, since
it doesn't have an XY filter and thus reproduces the markup
instead of using it to format the file it shows:

1. In Windows Explorer (or in my case, the infinitely superior
PowerDesk), click once on the XY file to open it in QVP.
2. Mark the text you want and copy it to the Windows Clipboard
with ctrl-C. If you want the whole message, you can mark it with
ctrl-A.
3. Open the message and paste it in with ctrl-V.

This is a marginally faster than Harry B's Eudora trick, since
QVP opens the file quicker than XY does, and infinitely quicker
than bloatware such as Word does.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin