Re: LONG TIME NO SEE

Paul, Amen to the VA  request... Glad the conversion program worked for
you all. Last tinkering I did with that program was the result of a request i
had from a friend at another paper, who had a problem with lone linefeeds
inserted by a program that reported on Telex traffic to their system. I had a
routine to clean that up, but it wasn't working properly. My own testing says
program should convert all bare Crs, Ctl-M, or ASCII13 to CR_LF pairs, and
delete any extra LFs.
  Sorry if things are not immediately evident. My programming is self-taught,
and idiosyncratic, I guess. The test for insert state was borrowed from another
program, and could be rewritten to save a few keystrokes.
  Good luck. -- Jim
2