Re: Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

I did not have the benefit of that, but I've been using the vDosXy solution at a couple locations for some time now.  Still need to work out the procedures for printing with it though, and I'm not really up to speed yet on text interchange with Win stuff like Notepad or Wordpad.  Apart from that, it looks like a good option -- definitely handier than XP Mode, and easier to set up than the OS virtuals.  (It is specifically limited to running Xy, however.  I had XP Mode running a couple of ancient version Win programs as well.  They were much preferred by that user, and would not have installed into later versions of Windows, in this case 7.)

   Jordan

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

Ah, the installer! It's nifty. You tell it where XyWrite is, where you
want vDosXy to be and, bingo, you're up and running. It even maps your
Windows drive structure onto AUTOEXEC.TXT for you. Kari, we should
dust this off and finish it. As I recall, we were down to the short
strokes....

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx