Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

I suspect you are on the right track with that, Paul.  Later, I can post here with an attachment of a sample, generic document like this, which does not give away any sensitive info (regardless of the passage of many years since its creation), along with a snapshot of what turns up when NB tries to pull it in.  The printer driver that had been loaded by Xy-3 when the document was created would have been one of the basic HP LJ drivers.  We still have a 4L -- that compact workhorse -- which has been in service for well over 20 years.  I think there were in excess of 5 drivers that it could use.  It has been repaired a couple times, and we recently had to scrounge around to find a replacement toner cartridge for it, but it keeps chugging along.  No Wi-Fi though, so we use one of the other printers for that feature.

   Jordan

From: Paul Ambos
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:28 PM
Subject: RE: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

I suspect the problem may be the lack of translation between the XY3 "PT" (Print Type) commands, which were largely user-definable other than PT1=10--pitch, PT2=12-pitch, and PT3=Proportional.  There is no cognate in XY4 or NB:  You would need to invent a program to translate any customized  or noncustomized typefaces into the current font, size, and style commands.

Regards,

Paul Ambos
Paul Ambos, P.C.
418 Magnolia Street