Re: off topic: Yahoo

Reply to note from Nathan Sivin  Sat, 27 Oct
2001 11:40:53 -0700

> One thing to think about re Yahoo is that you become its
> advertising agent. It appends an ad to every email. For that
> reason, emails from Yahoo do not reach people like me who set
> filters on their email client to dump any message containing
> spam directly into the trash.

Also, Yahoo is "free", isn't it? My experience with free mail is:
you get what you pay for. The money you save is more than offset by
server down time and sluggish connections. I would not use a free
account as my primary e-mail address -- though it can be useful as a
fallback or for special purposes (e.g., posting to newsgroups).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx