R: Carriage returns in an imported file

Eric Van Tassel wrote:

> I believe this has been discussed by the List in the past, but I
> shortsightedly deleted any useful messages on the subject. If anyone can
> help, I'll be grateful.

I think the best way is to download "xywwweb.u2" (by Holmgreen and
Distefano) from users.datarealm.com/xywwweb and use it. The routine "T1310" is
just what you need to convert from lone carriage return (end of paragraph
of last generation Word files) to "carriage return + line feed". Attached
is the routine extracted from xywwweb.u2 which does this.
Other xywwweb routines do the opposite: cr210 changes cr/lf to lone line
feed; cr213 changes cr/lf to lone carriage return.
Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx