Re: MS networking, static links

flash wrote:
If the MB logs off, it sends a graceful exit message to the LAN and a backup MB should take over (or be elected) immediately.
The situation is usually that all systems have been turned off at
the end of the normal workweek. Then I come in over a weekend and
turn on the two or three PCs I most use. None of them is high on
the list of MB candidates. So I suppose Mr. Flashlight is looking
for an MB and takes forever to find one.

More than you ever wanted to know about MS networking., so I'll sign off.
No, No. Just what I always wanted to know. The books and
magazines won't tell you this stuff, and we need to know it. Many
thanks.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscameg@xxxxxxxx