Re: Workaround (Binswanger)

** Reply to note from "..."  Fri, 6 Dec 1996

> Making it a bit less economical, but saving you from yet another instance
> of xyW4's endlessly second-guessing the user, you can do this, as I did ...

> GT,[asc 13],BD,BX,(,d, ,w,f,=,0,),SA,BX,(,d, ,w,f,=,1,)

> .... to avoid an error msg if you haven't changed anything since
> the last save.

"Proceed" is an error message? No beep, no  flag, no fuss. There's
nothing more irritating -- apart from yet-another-instance of this endless
carping nonsense -- than an unnecessary SAve of a long document (as Xy4
still performs with removable media drives, and Xy3 performed always),
during which XyWrite goes into a coma.

If you want succinct -- real skimpy/fast KBD files --
 instead of
BX,(,d, ,w,f,=,0,),SA,BX,(,d, ,w,f,=,1,)
 do
BX,d, ,w,f,=,0,Q2SABX,d, ,w,f,=,1,Q2
 Parens do not save space or memory in the KBD file. Commas
 consume memory & slow execution.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx