Re[2]: 64 or 32 bit Win 7

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 12-05-2010 at 10:54 J R FOX wrote:

>--- On Wed, 5/12/10, Robert Holmgren  wrote:
>

>VMware, which is not free software
>
> Actually there are two free
>versions, which can both create
> VMs: VMware Player3 and VMware Server.
>And I'd evaluate
> them, too -- > I'd endeavor to evaluate every
>possibility.

Not much recent mention of Virtualbox. I did see a very
>nice
demo of it a couple years back, but the last I heard they
seemed to
>be halting development. Is this option now out of
the running ? (It was
>also free.)

> Life without Photoshop would be no life at all.

So, I
>guess GIMP was never really a serious alternative ?

I have to say
>upfront that I've had really minimal exposure to
'Nix apps -- Rafe or
>someone else should comment there -- but
in what little I've seen there
>seems to be a lot more work
involved in setting them up, and the UI for
>them tends to be
rather lacking in Win or Mac terms. While it would be
>great if
free 'Nix apps could give their Win counterparts a serious run

for the money, it hasn't really happened yet and I'm doubtful
it ever
>will. And only a portion of that is due to market
share and
>marketing.

 Jordan