RE: Icons in taskbar OT

Right Harry, and I think this "no customized taskbar icons" thing starts
with XP. That's what I use here at work and just tested. The taskbar
only displays icons built into the originating EXE. While my Win2K
machine at home works as expected, taking the icon from the shortcut. I
had never noticed the difference before.

-B

-----Original Message----- From: Harry Binswanger

Brian wrote:
>Icons are changed at the Properties tab of the shortcut (Properties >
>Shortcut > Change Icon) used to fire up the application. This
>is a general rule. I've found a few instances where icon weren't
changeable.

Obviously. But changing the icon that way hasn't changed what shows up
in
the taskbar and windows title bar--only on the shortcut itself. And it
can
be changed in those two places as well, because it is thus changed on my

old computer.