Re: PROCOMM

I've had a lot of fun with Procomm's script language. I've developed a script
which our newspaper uses to send stories to wire services, sister papers, etc.
Users merely put the files they want to send in a directory with the same name
or a similar one to the dest-
ination (e.g. CANPRESS for Canadian Press), and my script comes along, finds
the file, decodes the filename, calls the client, uploads the file, deletes it
from the directory, signs off, waits for five minutes, then checks the
directory again. It's not in shape to distribute, but it shows what can be
done. So far procomm is the only script language I've seen which has file i/o,
the abilit5y to write and read from files, which is critical to my program
working.