Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

It is extremely easy to find pirate copies of W2K online, and,
moreover, Microsoft recommends that users who need copies should do
this. Microsoft is barred under the terms of a settlement with Sun
from distributing most of its earlier versions of Windows, including
W2K. Serials are also easy to find. Just use google.

As has been discussed here earlier, http://winworldpc.com/ is one
source. My advice is to install from one of the many ISOs available.
I have not been as happy using pre-installed VM images. It is
important to get a version of W2K that includes ALL possible
additions and service packs. You will be letting yourself in for
hours of unnecessary tinkering if you don't.