RE: U2 version 119

The trick I use to keep SAVEGET.SGT as small as possible is to load a command to RUN a program . . . not LOAD the actual program into the SGT file.

For example:

{GL1}Title Of Program

{LB1}BC RUN c:\xy\macros\cleanup.pgmXC

I use that 1st line for whatever I want to be displayed on the ALT Keys Menu (if you have a path as
short as the example here you could probably dispense with the title - I keep all my programs on a
network server, at the end of a very very long path, which prevents me from seeing the names of the
macros when I call up the menu).

Of course, very small macros don't need to be run this way, but if you run the big ones like this
you shouldn't have much of a memory hit. The only thing I don't know is whether using even a
pared-down SAVEGET.SGT would be considered (by the gurus) too much of a memory-hog. I DO know that I
stopped having memory problems when I started using this technique.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Lisa Kleinholz

I do use programs in SAVEGET.SGT, and I'd love to know how to enable them without using up permanent
memory.

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa Kleinholz