Install

Steve Wildstrom Business week 1200 G St NW Washington, DC 20005

Allow me one brief flame, which I hope you'll pass on to the folks in
Baltimore: Getting the install program right is the easy part. I have installed
dozens of DOS and Windows software packages and have never run into problems
this severe with a shipping product. It would seem that in the three-plus
months between the time you started taking orders and the time XY4 shipped, you
could have at least made sure that the install program worked. The machine
that's causing all the trouble isn't quite plain vanilla but it's common
enough: a Dell 486D33, 8 megs of RAM, QEMM, Stacker, Windows for Workgroups
(with device drivers loaded but Windows unloaded for install.)