Re: "help with Clipboard ; more printer woes

TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anybody have experience with inkjets?
>
> Tim Baehr
> tbaehr@xxxxxxxx

I've been using a HP Officejet 300 for about 4 years, almost exclusively for text. I
set the font when I bought it and forgot about it.

For the first few years I used it with no trouble whatsoever using XYdos 4.12 running
from Dos on a TI laptop that also had Microsoft 3.1 (?) preinstalled.

In August 1998, I switched to a Dell Inspiron computer with Win98 and used Word 97 for
a while. Right out of the gate, the printer began printing rows of little black boxes
across the top of two pages every time I turned off the computer.

When I switched back to Xy4.12 (now up to 4.18) run in a window, the printer continued
churning out little black boxes on two pages every time I shut down, and still does.
It seems to me that the computer is sending some kind of message to the printer to do
this. Neither Dell nor HP is any help. One wag at Dell actually suggested I buy stock
in a paper company.

That's about the only Xy/Win/inkjet problem I've had.

However, the printer is beginning to get cranky in other ways, and this latest spate
of correspondence is a scary warning that I'm going to be very careful in choosing a
replacement.

Judith Davidsen