Re: Lost member of list

Ed Reading notes that he seems to have dropped off the list. That happens
to, I'd say, an average of a couple of people a week. In 9 out of 10
cases, the reason is either their own email account being *changed* or
closed, or going away without making an arrangement to keep messages from
piling up and filling their mailboxes. After I begin receiving several
bounce messages a day from an account, I have no choice but to close the
subscription. I might add that a lot of lists avoid being inundated in
bounce messages by *automatically* unsubscribing any address from which a
single bounce message is received. I avoid that, because a bad connection
can easily generate one or two days of "too many jumps" messages.

All this is easy to avoid. Just (1) read your local documentation about
what to do when you go on vacation, (2) when you change email addresses,
unsubscribe from the old one and subscribe from the new one, and 3) if your
account is dropped, wait until your account problem is resolved or you have
a stable address, let me know, and I will take care of reinstating your
subscription as I just did for Ed.

Cheers,

Nathan
-------