Re: Memory problems with XyDOS (4) under Win98?

Judith Davidsen wrote:

> Hmmm, Leslie, not in my zip code.

On the border between 10025 and 10027.

> >From a regular Xydos screen, alt+enter gives me a window, maybe 2/3 of a full screen
> high, called Editor. The largest font I can get here is True Type 13 x 22, which is
> not quite large enough to suit. Any attempt to get a full screen--from the icon, from
> properties--sends me back to Xy's regular full screen with the regular Xy font, which
> also is not quite large enough to suit. .

Well, yes of course. I assumed for your post you were _in_ a window, didn't like the
fonts, and wished to return to the regular full screen with the standard fonts. Sorry I
misunderstood.

> Alt+enter from this Editor window sends me back to the regular Xy full screen and
> normal font.

Yep.

> I encountered this short-screen problem several months ago when I tried to use
> UltraVision, and the explanation (which I can't access right now to check for
> accuracy) had to do with using an older enlarging program on a more up to date
> screen--something about, I think, a new graphics board not supporting an older
> program.

I know not of UltraVision. Sorry. Can't help. But I suspect you're right about the new
board not supporting the old program.

> Anyway, I thought I had given up the search for larger screen fonts when the recent
> "shortcut" message roped me right back in again.
>
> Thanks for trying.

You're welcome.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)