Re: Left Justification of Punch Cards

Reply to note from "John H. Kessel"  Sun, 06 Aug
2006 15:54:11 -0400

John:

> My original was written in XyWrite, then converted through
> WordPort to ASCII and saved on desktop. In that form it would
> accept a Windows copy command, so I put it in Eudora to send
> it.

There's no need to convert to Ascii; XyWrite text *is* Ascii. There
is also no reason to type to screen (TYS) before copying to the
clipboard -- and good reasons not to do so (avoid unwanted
formatting such as lines padded on the left and right-justified
text). Just insert hard carriage returns at the end of each line
(U2 frame PUTCR or WRAPA automates this), and your text is ready to
be transferred to the mail program.

As Harry notes, you can copy directly from XyWrite to the clipboard
once you've set up frame CLIP(W). Command HELP CLIP for
details.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx