Re: Intellectual property & copyright

I'm going to wrap up this thread, because I think I've made my case, but
copyright is particularly appropriate to the XyWrite conference because
XyWrite is a program that is unsupported, we can't even locate the
copyright owners, we continue to use it, we often need manuals and software
with no way of getting it from the copyright owner, and we can easily copy
and distribute the manuals and software among ourselves. The benefit of
copying seems enormous, and the harm of copying is non-existent, except for
the harm to the principle of property rights.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree -- but that way, those of us who
believe in that we have a right to copy software and manuals can do so, and
those who don't can refrain.

Norman

At 05:15 PM 8/31/02 -0400, George Scithers wrote:

>Seriously, the copyright discussion really belongs in a writers' group
>rather than a word-processor group.
>
>G H Scithers

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D