RE: [virus] -- Winsock32.dll

At 11/28/00 04:30 PM +0900, Rene von Rentzell wrote:

I have eradicated it from all the places where it took root, but there is
one file that remains corrupted, and that is: \windows\system\wsock32.dll.

Is there any way to replace this file without re-installing Windows? As it
is, Windows seems to allow me neither to edit nor to remove it at all.

I have been digging around in Windows directories since yesterday, and it
is not pleasant work. Has anybody experience with this? Tia

Same thing happened to us last year, and, as I recall, I put *wsock32.dll*
into the google search engine and found a number of sites that had some good instruction on how to deal with the corrupted file. There are a few hoops one must jump through.

My machine was using McAfee when the virus hit and I immediately got
Norton, which, this time, picked up the hanson virus right away and deleted
it.
michael norman
micheal.norman@xxxxxxxx