Re: XyWrite hangs on quitting.

My solution to the multitude of messages is to have my email program
(Eudora) dump all of the messages with the Xywrite list address into one
mailbox. This keeps it neat and tidy.
I belonged to several lists like this (architecture and a writers group) an
rather enjoy the cyber comaraderie that goes with the messages.

At 12:26 PM 9/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
fegehrke@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have two questions:
> 1. I am on the list of emails for XyWrite but it
>   gets bothersome at the number of emails that
>   arrive daily. Why not have a newsgroup which one
>   can peruse the articles whenever?

Can't answer for Carl, but other lists I subscribe to have a "Digest"
subscription option, which dumps all of a day's worth of messages into one
file that comes to you. I don't know if this list has such an option
(Carl recently posted a recap of List commands, so I should take another
look at that . . . ), but if not perhaps it should. This can be very
convenient. Of course, you can end up having to wait for that day's
digest file, vs. several instances where I got an answer to something
literally 20 min.s later.

> 2. I saw the reference to Xywrite 4 and wonder what
>   that is. I use the dos v3 and never got the windows
>   version. How is this v4 obtained and what features
>   does it add?

Others can answer this better. Xy4DOS is not available for purchase any
longer, so far as I'm aware, although the 16-bit Windows version may be.
I don't know where to start, and others may disagree, but v.4 added many
desirable features and improvements. Xy-3 was a great, basic, text-only
word-proc., but the only advantage it retains in my view is the ability to
fit *everything* on one 1.44 floppy, the ultimate in portability, though a
lot less critical today. One of the members here has a site dedicated to
Xy-3, and an alternate point of view on this.

Jordan