Re: configure Xywrite for USB printer?

Hi, Robert, it's physically connected to the Xy3+ machine, which is running xp -- i'm not in the office right now but i believe that it's xp home (not xp pro)  ...

thank you!

On 5/12/06, Robert Holmgren mailto:holmgren@xxxxxxxx wrote:
** Reply to message from "Elizabeth Van Ness" mailto:ebvanness@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 12
May 2006 10:20:23 -0500

> We are using XyWrite III Plus. and the printer is an HP Laser 5L ..

OK, then install a PRN for the HP LaserJet III (one of these:
  http://www.xywrite.com/xy3/print/3lj3.zip
)

What is your operating system?

Is the 5L printer networked (via a print server), or physically attached to the
Xy3+ computer, or attached to another computer on your LAN, or what?  *If* it
is attached to a print server or another computer (not to your Xy3+ machine), I
want to know the UNC address of that server/computer (not the TCP/IP address
like "http://192.168.1.10", but the network Host Name of it like
"\\PRINTSERVER\HP5L").  You can determine that (if Windows NT+) via My Network
Places ==> Entire Network ==> Microsoft Windows Network...  it will show a
(probably) plain-language name for your server *or* the computer to which the
printer is attached.  If you don't understand, ask.

Robert Holmgren
mailto:holmgren@xxxxxxxx

--
Elizabeth Van Ness