Re: Keyboard assignments

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Tue, 29
Oct 2002 15:34:13 -0500

> For some reason, just reloading the KBD file didn't make it
> "take," but closing down and restarting did. Sorry to have
> bothered anyone. And by the way, that worked without the NO,
> though I will add it.

No bother! It's an interesting little quirk. Though I must say I
can't reproduce your success. Whether I simply reload the KBD file
or quit and restart Xy, the [265] character doesn't display until I
press another key (whereupon both chars appear). Be that as it may,
the terminating NO is canonical.

But I like even better Robert's idea of directly assigning Speedo
chars in the KBD file. It's transparent, more concise (3 bytes vs.
8 for R2R6R5NO) -- and it works.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx