printer file

Question 1: Bought an Epson 777 color inkjet and can't get it to work with
XyDos. Downloaded all the Epson printer files on the TTG site and tried
each one (with a "load xxxxx.prn") and nothing worked.

A) Printer on LPT 1 and works fine from Windows.
B) When I try to print from XyDos, it is clear XyDos is talking to the printer (when you execute *print* the print-head moves back and forth) but it will not print.
C) Also tried the HP inkjet file on the Xywwweb site and that did not work.

Anyone have any ideas or a printer file for the Epson 777 color inject?
Question 2: (Perhaps related, perhaps not) Noticed in the settings.dfl file that unless you have three blank spaces after the LPT1 line and also the name of a printer [as in: LPT1(sp)(sp)C:\XY\HPLJ-3P.PRN(sp)(sp)(sp)HP LaserJet IIIP] the file will burp when it attempts to load.
I don't think my 777 printer problem is the result of bad file syntax
because I should be able to hand load a printer file from the command line
and be able to print.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michael Norman
michael.norman@xxxxxxxx