Re: Kak.reg

At 11:00 Uhr -0800 18.04.2002, J. R. Fox wrote:
>"Ambos, Paul" wrote:
>
>> Check out threads from
>> http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/wscript.kakworm.html.
>
>According to my McAfee virus scanner, the List messages Archive for 2000
>(specifically, 4/00) contains the JS/Kak worm, which sounds like one of the
>variants. I don't know if this is a bona fide infection, or a false positive.
>Reading it here never caused a problem, but then I don't really run Windows.
>Perhaps someone would care to scan this with a different virus scanner, to see
>if you get the same result.

The KAK thing is only a problem if you use MS Outlook Express and your
Windows scripting host is activated -- both bad ideas, anyway.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo (rrr @ twics.com)
-- "The power of accurate observation is commonly called
-- cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw