Re: XyWrite for Windows

Isn't NotaBene more or less XyWrite for current versions of Windows?
I'd love to have a XyWrite for Windows so that I would have access to all the fonts installed on Windows - - so I would be more happy printing documents from XyWrite. But I would also need automatic kerning and manual tracking features, and a few other modern-day requirements for formatted text, such as OpenType ligature support (and even stylistic set support, offered in the most recent versions of MSW), to make it worthwhile. Meanwhile, if I have anything I want to print, I prepare the document in XyWrite and then go to Quark or InDesign for printing if it's demanding, or MSW if it isn't. XyWrite is too good not to use for document creation and preparation, and I can't think why in all these years the NotaBene people haven't addressed the printing issues that would make the software more attractive for non-academics. Not that I would dream of arguing with NB's assessment of their priorities.