Re: virus warnig

xykz wrote:

> AS I'M RECEIVING VIRUS MAIL FROM THAT LIST,
> COULD SOMEBODY FILTER THESE MESSAGES ?
>
> THANKS!
> ******************
>
> ******************

I don't know why they are coming in through this list, but whenever
you get something that contains a big block of code in it and little
else -- the last couple that I've received via the List were
supposedly Audio X-wave files -- you really must assume it to be a
virus. There's little reason to think it would be anything else. I
have yet to see **any** such infection attempts that were not readily
inspectable, *without* opening them, by means of a couple of simple
techniques. So, if you're at all curious about a particular suspect
email, you can find out, even without the help of a virus scanner.
Then you can delete it and forget it. If anyone's interested, I'll
elaborate.

Jordan