Re: Two problems

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, nikki meredith wrote:

> -- I have Windows 95 but I'm running Xy4 in Dos. When I go into Dos from
> Windows half the time I get a full screen and half the time I get a
> truncated one. I've done everything it suggests in both programs to
> maximize windows but nothing changes. If I start in Dos, I always get a
> full screen but it means I can't go back and forth as easily. Has anyone
> else encountered this problem?

I don't use Windows 95, but I would imagine there must be some setting in
Windows to control when you get a full screen and when you get half
screen. If not, I don't know what to suggest.

I use OS/2, where it is configured in the settings notebook for the
program. I generally prefer to use a large window with most programs, but
with XyWrite, for some reason, OS/2 doesn't support the graphics view, and
I have to go to full-screen whenever I want to use that view.
Fortunately, in OS/2 it is easy to go back and forth between full-screen
and window by pressing alt-Home.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                    lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/