Re: DesqView and XyWrite

On Mon, 19 Dec 1994, Daniel Say wrote:

>   `The Clipboard in OS/2 is better and does paste into XY.
>   And Xy is as fast as it is alone in DOS.
>   What were your XY settings in OS/2, if you remember.
> Maybe it is. But with several other programs running alongside
XyWrite, it was simply too slow. I talked to Herb Tyson, who
gave me a bunch of config changes to make, which sped it up
considerably--but it was *still* slower in terms of the one
function I really care about--switching back and forth between
XyWrite, my dialer and my modem. DesqView is proving to be
instantaneous.

I *do* see how Os/2 will superior for many users. But not for me;
I don't need multi-tasking, I need a fast task switcher.

And I think I'm too old to get used to icons!

jb