Re: AW: Xy on Mac revisited

-----Original Message-----
>From: Lisa Kleinholz
> Have my new
>macBook up & running and broken in a bit. Just installed Parallels and
>cannot make head or tail out of how to install MS-DOS. If anyone would
>be willing to help me off list after Jan 16 I would be much obliged ...
>The whole purpose of this gambit is to see if Xy4DOS will run more
>comfortably on a mac under DOS than with Tame on XP. I promise a full
>report (for non-techies) sometime in February.

Lisa,

I'm looking forward to this (and would be interested in the interim stages, too, offlist or on) as I
teeter on the brink of supplementing my W2K Thinkpad with a Mac.  (I'm stuck in/on Xy3+ for now,
but assume that what works for 4 in this context will likely be good for 3+)

I looked at the parallels forum link you listed

>http://forum.parallels.com/archive/index.php/t-3348.html

and agree that a lot of the posts seem either worthless or like gibberish. Persisting, I found at
post #8 a referral to allbootdisks.com. promising bootable versions of DOS that work as is with
parallels, so maybe that is worth trying -- it seems fairly clear and not to have too many steps

In any case, the allbootdisks site looks interesting as a source of downloads for everything from
early DOS versions (4.x) through XP, and thus potentially useful for folks on this list even if they
have no Mac desires, though perhaps other such sources are already known.

Philip